Thursday, February 19, 2009

The heart of the matter

I bragged to some girlfriends Friday evening over coffee and dessert how I am immune to the effects of caffeine, especially late at night. 

Reality check.

Apparently, I'm not as stalwart as I was during my college days when I could drink three cups of coffee to accompany late-night writing and then, without fail, fall asleep on cue. 

Quite the contrary. I was so alert after returning home from Dallas on Friday night, I stayed up until 3:30 a.m. making handmade Valentines to garnish my home. 

But the results far outweighed my lack of sleep. And while March is quickly approaching, I can't seem to part with my Valentine decorations. I love them, as they are both a colorful addition to my home and a reminder of the kind heart of my God.




No comments:

Post a Comment